Thursday, December 29, 2011

Festivities

The big holiday weekend has come and gone. For the first time since starting my new job, I had four consecutive days off. No on-calls, no nothing. It was lovely. I slept in, stayed up late, and spent quality time with my family.

Friday night my sister and brother in law drove in from Michigan.

Saturday morning my dad and I went for a glorious 4.5 mile run, then returned to assist with brunch hosted by my parents for my extended family: aunt, uncle, cousins, and my cousin's family. It was delicious. Saturday night Hubby and I went to a Hanukkah hosted by B and her husband.

Sunday morning was spent sleeping in, eating a laid-back breakfast, sipping coffee. Hubby strummed the guitar while we sang Christmas carols and spent time listening to my parents read the scriptures. Instead of cooking traditional dinner, we all went out to a late lunch at a local Chinese restaurant.

Overall, it was such a great weekend spent with family, creating new memories and sharing old ones. Gosh, I wish we all lived in the same place.

Here's a little photo recap of our Christmas weekend:


{Hanukkah Party with B on Saturday night}



{Christmas morning all of the kids on the couch ... plus Lennon}



{Sisters}



{New sleep masks courtesy of Carolyn}



{New snuggies courtesy of Hubby}



{My most favorite little gift - Marcel the Shell with Shoes On book}



{My most favorite pretty gift - a necklace from Hubby that he picked out all by himself}



{The family all together}



{The Christmas Doggy}


Since all of our holiday card-making items were buried in our storage unit, this year we ordered {gasp!} our holiday cards to coincide with the new year. I will post a photo of our card for my 2011 recap/ new year goal post coming up.

xoxo,

PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

feeling feisty? leave a comment!