Saturday, July 02, 2011

28 Years and a Sprinkles Cupcake



Twenty-eight years.  Twenty-eight years wiser? We'll see.

This year for my birthday I demanded to see Paul McCartney in concert for my birthday present from Hubby. He graciously met my demands. In lieu of a party this year I opted for a low key day spending time with Hubby, family, and relaxing. We biked to the newly opened Sprinkles downtown that I've been dying to try. I opted for a classic chocolate cupcake; Hubby opted for a peanut butter one {of course, because the man loves his peanut butter}. Both of our cupcakes were delicious. For dinner, we ate at one of my favorite Thai places in the City: Joy's Noodles in Lakeview.

My parents gifted me a new bike basket for my bike. They oh-so-coincidentally picked out the exact bike basket that I emailed to Hubby {hint, hint} a Peterboro woven bike basket. Apparently requesting a bike accessory for your birthday at twenty-eight can be a source of humor for parents. They gently pointed out that said basket would have also been an appropriate gift for my tenth birthday. Who knew?

I'm thankful for another year of life. I'm thankful for another year that I can spend learning, un-learning, and growing old{er} with my lovah.

xoxo,

PJ

PS. Photo Three = Edited to remain PG on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. love how you blocked out the cleev to keep it PG. haha!

    ReplyDelete

feeling feisty? leave a comment!