Thursday, September 01, 2011

Milk Chocolate Bundt Cake



I love sweets. This is a bit of a problem, especially since I'm working my tush off with Ms. Jillian Michaels. I figure I need to splurge once in a while {right?!}.

I chose this recipe primarily to use up an embarrassing amount of milk chocolate that has collected in the kitchen pantry. I used this easy recipe, and I had all of the ingredients on hand. Sadly, I didn't think to take photographs until the final product was finished.

Ingredients:

  • 7 ounces milk chocolate

  • 1 cup butter, softened

  • 1-1/2 cups sugar

  • 4 eggs

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour

  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1 cup buttermilk

  • Confectioners' sugar, optional


Instructions:


  • Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

  • In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.

  • In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla.

  • Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.

  • Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan {bundt cake pan}.

  • Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

  • Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.

  • Remove from pan and cool completely.

  • Note: Instead of dusting with confectioners' sugar, I melted a bit more chocolate and drizzled on top of the cake. 


Enjoy!

xoxo,

PJ

1 comment:

  1. Ohh my gosh that looks absolutely amazing! i definitely need to make this :)


    Notes She Wrote

    ReplyDelete

feeling feisty? leave a comment!