Monday, June 06, 2011

Foodie Monday: Toast



This weekend Hubby and I decided to try a new brunch spot in lieu of our usual M. Henry. We've passed by Toast on several occasions and thought we should give it a try. If I'm being completely honest, I was smitten with the name. Toast: brilliant.

The wait was an hour for a table for two for Sunday brunch. I was surprised how many people would attempt to put their names in and then give the hostess attitude when she told them how long the wait would be. 1) The place is tiny and 2) it's Sunday. Duh, there's going to be a lengthy wait for a table.

Overall, the experience was okay. The menu had a substantial amount of options, and the decor was neat. Vintage toasters lined the shelves, vintage photographs on the walls, and a chalkboard menu. I ordered the french toast orgy: a variety of a half order of each of their stuffed french toasts. I thought it was tasty. Hubby ordered the salmon omelet with house potatoes. As I've mentioned before, we are obsessed with house potatoes {also known as home fries}. Although Hubby thought they were tasty, they just don't compare to our favorite in the City {also M. Henry}.

Although it was fun to try a new place, we likely won't be back for more Toast.

xoxo,

PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

feeling feisty? leave a comment!