Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Inspired Tuesday: I carry your heart


One of my favorite poems {printed on our wedding program 5 years ago} is by E.E. Cummings. I found this necklace on Etsy the other day and I've added it to my list of things that I want to purchase. So simple, pretty, and very meaningful to me {and Hubby too, of course}.




i carry your heart with me {i carry it in my heart}

i am never without it {anywhere i go you go, my dear;

and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling}

i fear no fate {for you are my fate, my sweet}

i want no world {for beautiful you are my world, my true}

and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant

and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows

{here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud

and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows

higher than soul can hope or mind can hide}

and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart {i carry it in my heart}


-e.e. cummings


here's to an inspired memory: an adorable little necklace reminding me of my sweet love.

xoxo,


PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

feeling feisty? leave a comment!