Monday, August 02, 2010

we're half awake in a fake empire

this weekend i got my first tattoo. if you would have asked me at 18 what i imagined for my first tattoo, it would have been something along the lines of a butterfly on my lower back with filigree and a little color. thank god that my style & taste has evolved in the past 10 years. most recently, i imagined myself with a phrase instead of a symbol as my first tattoo.

i finally decided on a phrase that has meant a lot to me over the years. not only have i been a beatles fan since the 8th grade, but i've always loved 'let it be'. a song that has seen me through some pretty dark days. it means more to me than the song. i readily admit i am a control freak: i want to know when, where, who, what, and how. i want to control when, where, who, what, and how. it's something that i've learned to embrace. now i'm learning the art of just letting it go, letting it be. it's a phrase that means more to me than i can describe, and i'm so glad that i finally took the plunge to have it with me(literally) forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

feeling feisty? leave a comment!